Through
the Eyes of Compassion
When I
look at the world
Through
the eyes of compassion
I see
humans, just like you, just like me.
Through
the eyes of compassion
I don't
see an angry, drunk man.
I see a
child protecting himself from the world.
Through
the eyes of compassion
I don't
see the perfect hair, skin, and makeup.
I see a
woman who has only known acceptance by her image.
Through
the eyes of compassion
I don't
see a person who cuts themselves and assume they are attention
seeking.
I see a
person overwhelmed by their experience and trying to finally feel
something or feel nothing.
Through
the eyes of compassion
I don't
only see a striving perfectionist.
I see a
person who fears they are unlovable.
Through
the eyes of compassion
I don't
see a mother who is losing her cool.
I see a
mother who is trying her best to meet impossible demands.
Through
the eyes of compassion
I see
your pain, sorrow, joy, vulnerability, laughter, and struggle.
Through
the eyes of compassion
I see
something beyond myself.
And at
the same time, I see myself.
Through
the eyes of compassion
I am
not alone in my shame.
I can
see the struggles of others
And
know we struggle together.
Through
the eyes of compassion
I see
you, I see me, I see us.
What do
you see through the eyes of compassion?
By:
Charlene Haapala
No comments:
Post a Comment